1. On site facilities Whilst we endeavour to provide all the facilities as advertised in our brochure, we regret that we are unable to accept liability for the temporary withdrawal of any facility due to Health & Safety reasons, mechanical breakdown or any circumstances beyond our control. Certain facilities may be restricted or unavailable outside peak periods. This particularly applies to bar and restaurant hours, shop opening times, children’s and evening entertainment, the Fish & Chip bar (Pentewan Plaice), arcade and boat launching service. Outside peak season (mid-July – end August) The Seahorse’s Crow’s Nest may on occasions be closed for private functions.
2. Vehicles The speed limit throughout the site is 10 m.p.h. BEWARE OF CHILDREN. Vehicles may not be driven on the beach at any time, nor may they be driven across the site between the hours of midnight and 6am. On arrival each vehicle will be issued with a barrier code. This will allow the vehicle to pass freely through the entry/exit barriers until the paid up day of departure when passes must be returned to reception. Motorised scooters may not be used on site unless road legal and covered by a valid certificate of insurance. Electric cars must not be charged on pitches - a charging point is available in The Seahorse car park.
3. Boats / Personal Watercraft (PWC) Boats / Personal Watercraft (PWC) must be kept on the owner’s pitch. Any boat/PWC with a motor, no matter what size, must have third party insurance. Owners will be expected to give evidence of this along with their pitch confirmation. This applies to all boats on site excluding children’s toys. All boats/PWC will be issued with a pass on arrival. This pass must be displayed on the craft and any boat not displaying a valid pass will be subject to a surcharge of 50% in addition to the normal fee. Motorised crafts may only enter or leave the water by way of the red buoyed channel. No Boats / Personal Watercraft (PWC) may enter the area between the beach and the row of red buoys. This is a swimming only area. A launching service is provided for Boats / Personal Watercraft (PWC) between mid-May - mid-September. A charge is made for this service. Areas are set aside at each end of the beach for picking up and setting down water-skiers. 2, 3 or 4 seater Personal Watercrafts are allowed but for everyone’s safety, PWC must be registered at time of booking and insurance documents shown on arrival. Two stroke stand-up jet skis are not permitted on any part of the site, beach or harbour area.
4. Touring Pitches Pitches are clearly marked by painted boundary stones. Please pitch between the markers in the direction of the arrow, NOT with the jockey wheel on the marker. A total of no more than 6 persons may be accommodated on a touring pitch. No more than one back packer’s tent, in addition to the caravan/motorhome/tent. Grey water must only be emptied in the disposal points provided. There are chemical disposal points at each of the toilet blocks. No pitching is allowed between 10pm and 9am. Pitches must be vacated by 10.30am on the day of departure. Those staying on Beach Front or Premium Plus pitches are kindly requested to use a breathable groundsheet.
5. Self-catering accommodation No pets of any sort are allowed in the holiday homes except guide/assistance dogs. Holiday homes are available for occupation from 3pm on the day of the start of the holiday. Holiday homes must be vacated by 10am on day of departure. Tents may not be pitched beside self-catering units. If tents are required to accommodate extra members of the party, a tent pitch must be booked.
6. Dogs and other pets No dogs are allowed anywhere on Pentewan Sands except guide/assistance dogs, which must have a lead or harness at all times. Certification must be shown.
7. Fireworks,pyrotechnics and Chinese lanterns are prohibited on the park.
8. Refunds/amendments Refunds will not be given for late arrivals/early departures or evictions. Any amendments to bookings will only be refunded if we are notified no later than 24 hours before your arrival date.
9. Children and teenagers Parents are responsible for the safety, welfare and conduct of their children, anywhere on company property. Children under 12 years of age may not use the swimming pool unless accompanied by a responsible adult. We operate a Challenge 21 policy and only sell alcohol to adults over 18. We reserve the right to request a valid form of nationally approved identification if in doubt. For the benefit of our guests we reserve the right to confiscate any alcohol being consumed off pitches and outside holiday home areas by anyone including underage drinkers.
10. Declaration of extras It is the responsibility of customers to declare at the time of arrival any extra members of the party, extra cars, boats, tents etc not previously included on their booking form. This applies also to extra members joining the party during the period of the booking. Failure to disclose and/or any to make prompt payment of additional fees may result in the party being evicted without refund and future bookings by a member of that party may not be accepted. All undeclared extras will be subject to an additional premium charge of 50%.
11. Restrictions The site is designed for family holidays and couples. We do not accept young all-male or all-female groups. Parties of evenly mixed couples are accepted to a maximum of three couples (aged 25+). The company reserves the right to evict, without refund, any person or party who causes a nuisance or disturbance on company property, or whose behaviour gives cause for justifiable complaint. The company reserves the right to refuse to accept a booking for any individual or party without an explanation or reason. We expect all residents to show courtesy to other guests, by keeping noise and disturbance to an absolute minimum after 11.30pm. All guests must return to their pitches by 1am at the latest.
12. Wifi Every effort is made to provide a full WIFI service across the site, however, there may be areas on the park that may have limited or no service. We cannot be responsible for the temporary withdrawal of the service due to adverse weather conditions or breakdown.
13. Firepits and / or open fires are prohibited on the park. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the prices, specifications and facilities in the brochure or on the website are correct, the company reserves the right to change them without notice.